Summer is here…..

Keep On Learning With Reading & Mobymax

Dear Parents,

Studies have shown that students can lose up to 50% of learning during the summer vacation.   Georgetown is challenging you and your child to “KEEP ON LEARNING” this summer to prevent summer slide.  There are two ways to record your learning time:

Our goals for students over the summer are below. Students who reach or exceed goals will be entered in a drawing for an Amazon Gift Card (1 per grade). This is for their grade next year.

Reading Minutes Mobymax
  • First Grade: 100 minutes
  • Second Grade: 200 minutes
  • Third Grade: 300 minutes
  • Fourth Grade: 400 minutes
  • Fifth Grade:  400 minutes
  • First Grade: 100 pts
  • Second Grade: 200 pts
  • Third Grade: 300 pts
  • Fourth Grade: 400 pts
  • Fifth Grade:  500 pts

• Reading:  Log into  this form  to record the number of minutes you read.  You can record each day or enter the total for each week.

• Login will be username@hpsstudents.net

If your child is new to the school and you would like login information, email Mrs. Reagan.  treagan@hpseagles.net

Have a great summer…and keep on learning with READING and MOBYMAX!

COLLECT BOX TOPS & COKE CAPS

Did you know that every BOXTOP and every COKE CAP collected earns money for our school?   This summer we would like you to work hard to collect both. The money we earn will go toward a basketball hoop on our K/1 playground!

BOXTOPS:  Every completed BOXTOP sheet is worth $5.00.  If every child from Georgetown (approx 570) fills  one sheet this summer, our school will earn $2,750.   Many thanks to Lori Simpson and all of you who are on her team of BOX TOP counters, trimmers and packers.  This is a great program that pays off because of all of YOU! Download your form here:  Summer Box Tops

COKE CAPS:  Super easy. Save the caps and go online to enter collection!  COKE WEBSITE  (https://us.coca-cola.com/give/)   Select Georgetown Elementary and enter the code on the cap.   Now you can recycle the cap. No need to send it to school.

About cgreenlu

I was born and raised in the Upper Peninsula. I received my Associates degree from Bay de Noc Community College in Escanaba, Michigan. I earned my Bachelors Degree from Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo and my Masters from Grand Valley State University. This is the beginning of my 33nd year of teaching, 30 of them here in Hudsonville. My husband's name is Jeff. He is an Electrical Engineer for a company based out of Colorado called MicroMotion, Inc. We have 2 sons and 1 daughter. Matthew is 29, a GVSU graduate and is in sales/marketing for Aspen Ski Mountain in Aspen, Colorado. Michael is 25, also a GVSU graduate and is teaching at Wayland Public Schools. He married Carissa, his high school sweetheart, who is a nurse at Spectrum. Mikayla is 20 and a sophomore at Michigan State University. We have one dog named Max, who is a 3 year old golden retriever.