The classroom is ready for a new school year and I’m excited to see you at the Open House on Wednesday, August 22 from 6:30-7:30. Below is the list of supplies we will use throughout the year. If you can, please bring them with you to the Open House! Parents: please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or if you would like to tell me about your child and begin conversations about his/her educational needs.
Our 4th grade classroom in the fall will be ready with supplies, but if you are able… it would be helpful to bring the following things with you to school during our Open House or on the first day of school. One note of caution: If it “looks” like a toy, it is a toy (for example, if your child is shopping with you and wants animal erasers…. they are animals/not erasers… so I recommend to not purchase items that fit in that category for school ) .
2. Gym shoes (these are kept at school for gym class only) Traditionally, we send the gym shoes home during the Christmas holidays and again before spring break for you to check on shoe size changes
3. A dozen No. 2 pencils (please have your child sharpen them) + pencil sharpener (basic yellow pencils are the best)
5. 4 Elmer glue sticks
6. Fine Tip Dry Erase Markers. We use them every day for Math work. (The skinnier markers last longer than the thick ones)
7. ONLY ONE Pencil box 5″ X 8″ X 2″
8. Colored pencils
10. Scissors (please write last name on scissors)
11. Post it notes
12. 2 boxes of Kleenex
13. 1 container of Disinfectant Wipes
14. 1 game (to keep at school for the school year) your child can teach the rest of the class how to play during indoor recesses. It will be returned at the end of the year. Please write your child’s name on the box or bag. It is important that your child knows how to play the game. Also, it is best if the game can be played in 20 minutes or less (games like Monopoly take too long and seldom get used).
15. 2 red pens, 2 blue pens, 2 purple pens
16. 2 Highlighters
17. Folders – 5 folders with pockets- labeled Reading, Writing, Math, Social Studies, and Science
18. 1 Composition Notebook (for math notes and formative assessments)
19. 1-1/2 inch binder (for writing)
20. 1 plastic folder with pockets (for home reading log)