THANK YOU!

I believe in the quote, “There is always, always something to be thankful for”.  Before I turned out the lights in my classroom after the Open House last night, I noticed the grocery bags filled with Kleenex and disinfecting wipes,  the desks filled with supplies, the bus numbers and parent emails were all unchanged, (which I hope means they were all correct!), the parties were filled with parent volunteers and I have a helper for Fridays. THANK YOU! I am grateful for you and for the support you showed me last night. It’s going to be a great year!  I look forward to welcoming the children to school on Tuesday morning!  Please help your child remember to bring:

1. a water bottle
  2. a mid-morning snack -please view snack time as another opportunity to provide good nutrients to promote learning vs. having a sweet treat. The best choices would be fruit, cheese sticks, vegetables, yogurt.

Also, your child will most likely be exhausted the first week. It will be beneficial to start the earlier bed routine now, so your child has time to adjust.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to send me an email at: cgreenlu@hpseagles.net.

Have a great weekend!

About cgreenlu

I was born and raised in the Upper Peninsula. I received my Associates degree from Bay de Noc Community College in Escanaba, Michigan. I earned my Bachelors Degree from Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo and my Masters from Grand Valley State University. This is the beginning of my 34th year of teaching, 31 of them here in Hudsonville. My husband's name is Jeff. He is an Electrical Engineer for a company based out of Colorado called MicroMotion, Inc. We have 2 sons and 1 daughter. Matthew is 29, a GVSU graduate and is in sales/marketing for Aspen Ski Mountain in Aspen, Colorado. Michael is 25, also a GVSU graduate and is teaching at Wayland Public Schools. He married Carissa, his high school sweetheart, who is a nurse at Spectrum. Mikayla is 20 and a sophomore at Michigan State University. We have one dog named Max, who is a 3 year old golden retriever.