It WAS a GREAT first day of 4th grade!

We had such a great first day of fourth grade HOWEVER, the only picture I captured throughout the day was of Asher losing his tooth, just minutes upon arrival! Other highlights of the day include the guessing game we played to learn about me (some students think I’m 25 while others guessed me to be 72 :/) , the Two Truths and a Lie game to learn about each other, finding a reading book and starting our reading log (I’ve asked them to read 20 minutes tonight and every night for the remainder of the school year… the reading log should go home and return to school EVERY day), and…we met our Kindergarten bus buddies (who we taught how to do “Cooling Breaths” to calm down when we are mad or when we are hot. Looking forward to another great day in 4th grade tomorrow and hopefully I can remember to take a few more pictures!

About cgreenlu

I was born and raised in the Upper Peninsula. I received my Associates degree from Bay de Noc Community College in Escanaba, Michigan. I earned my Bachelors Degree from Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo and my Masters from Grand Valley State University. This is the beginning of my 34th year of teaching, 31 of them here in Hudsonville. My husband's name is Jeff. He is an Electrical Engineer for a company based out of Colorado called MicroMotion, Inc. We have 2 sons and 1 daughter. Matthew is 29, a GVSU graduate and is in sales/marketing for Aspen Ski Mountain in Aspen, Colorado. Michael is 25, also a GVSU graduate and is teaching at Wayland Public Schools. He married Carissa, his high school sweetheart, who is a nurse at Spectrum. Mikayla is 20 and a sophomore at Michigan State University. We have one dog named Max, who is a 3 year old golden retriever.