The 2nd BEST day of 4th grade!

Today we focused on partner work and our breathing. We also started our first math lesson on place value, we discussed what we need to do our best reading and started reading STONE FOX, in writing we started a pre-assessment by writing about an important person in our life and a memory we had with that person, and in Social Studies we will begin working on Economics and we started reading a book titled, “Lawn Boy,” by Gary Paulsen. The globe activity was a partner activity, in which they had to see, think and wonder about the Earth. We used our indoor recess games at noon, since it was raining. We ended our day by taking our Kindergarten bus buddies to their busses. It has been an amazing first two days of fourth grade!

About cgreenlu

I was born and raised in the Upper Peninsula. I received my Associates degree from Bay de Noc Community College in Escanaba, Michigan. I earned my Bachelors Degree from Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo and my Masters from Grand Valley State University. This is the beginning of my 34th year of teaching, 31 of them here in Hudsonville. My husband's name is Jeff. He is an Electrical Engineer for a company based out of Colorado called MicroMotion, Inc. We have 2 sons and 1 daughter. Matthew is 29, a GVSU graduate and is in sales/marketing for Aspen Ski Mountain in Aspen, Colorado. Michael is 25, also a GVSU graduate and is teaching at Wayland Public Schools. He married Carissa, his high school sweetheart, who is a nurse at Spectrum. Mikayla is 20 and a sophomore at Michigan State University. We have one dog named Max, who is a 3 year old golden retriever.