October 5 Football Game

Dear Parents,

I have some more detailed information regarding the football game Friday, October 5th. The high school football players were asked to give back to the community by volunteering in classrooms this fall. They were asked to think of a teacher who has influenced them and I was excited and honored to find out that a former student of mine, Ryan Szlachcic, has chosen me as that teacher. He is doing so well connecting with and helping the kids in our room!  He will continue to help in our classroom every Friday through the regular football season. Ryan comes into our room for the last 45 minutes of our day.

As a thank you for hosting Ryan, the kids in our class will be receiving a free ticket to the Friday, October 5th game, I will attach it to our Tuesday Homework Packet.  The kids will be invited to form a tunnel on the football field to welcome the players onto the field at the beginning of the game.  The kids are asked to meet me at 6:30 on the grass fields, north of the football field.  You can drop your child off there and then pick them up there after we come off the field.  I will have a couple of adults to help me keep our class together. Please have your child wear Hudsonville or Maize and Blue to support our Eagles!

I am looking forward to this fun event with my students!

Mrs. Greenlund

About cgreenlu

I was born and raised in the Upper Peninsula. I received my Associates degree from Bay de Noc Community College in Escanaba, Michigan. I earned my Bachelors Degree from Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo and my Masters from Grand Valley State University. This is the beginning of my 34th year of teaching, 31 of them here in Hudsonville. My husband's name is Jeff. He is an Electrical Engineer for a company based out of Colorado called MicroMotion, Inc. We have 2 sons and 1 daughter. Matthew is 29, a GVSU graduate and is in sales/marketing for Aspen Ski Mountain in Aspen, Colorado. Michael is 25, also a GVSU graduate and is teaching at Wayland Public Schools. He married Carissa, his high school sweetheart, who is a nurse at Spectrum. Mikayla is 20 and a sophomore at Michigan State University. We have one dog named Max, who is a 3 year old golden retriever.