Welcome Back!

I am looking forward to the morning bell wishing everyone back after a long winter break! Just a few reminders about this week! First of all we have PE in the morning. I know of a few students who brought their gym shoes home, so please check the backpack! Also, don’t forget a snack and water bottle.

This week we will begin our reading homework and students have free choice to read whatever they want. In the classroom we will be in book clubs and we will be reading Adventure/Survival stories. I will be modeling lessons while reading The Hatchet. The growth mindset theme for this month is “Feedback… it’s a gift”. We will be practicing peer evaluations throughout this month while in our book clubs.

I wish you a very Happy New 2019 and look forward to our continued work to get our children ready for 5th grade!

Char

About cgreenlu

I was born and raised in the Upper Peninsula. I received my Associates degree from Bay de Noc Community College in Escanaba, Michigan. I earned my Bachelors Degree from Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo and my Masters from Grand Valley State University. This is the beginning of my 34th year of teaching, 31 of them here in Hudsonville. My husband's name is Jeff. He is an Electrical Engineer for a company based out of Colorado called MicroMotion, Inc. We have 2 sons and 1 daughter. Matthew is 29, a GVSU graduate and is in sales/marketing for Aspen Ski Mountain in Aspen, Colorado. Michael is 25, also a GVSU graduate and is teaching at Wayland Public Schools. He married Carissa, his high school sweetheart, who is a nurse at Spectrum. Mikayla is 20 and a sophomore at Michigan State University. We have one dog named Max, who is a 3 year old golden retriever.