Our Winter Walk …. In The Woods

On Friday we FINALLY were able to take our walk in the woods! I usually do this walk on the first day of the new season….. but with rain on December 21 and snow days- we didn’t have a chance until February 22! I always tell the students if we can be super quiet we would have a better chance at seeing wildlife…. but it’s impossible to be that quiet with 25 students. Most of the students LOVE the walk and love looking at nature. Whatever animals were there…. had plenty of opportunity to “get away” before we got too close!  At least we got to see their tracks and we had a great time!

The Outdoor Discovery Center has many great trails and outdoor activities to experience. The Maple Trees will be tapped soon for sap, there are bird watching experiences planned and beach clean ups at the shoreline. If interested, check out the website for all the activities!

About cgreenlu

I was born and raised in the Upper Peninsula. I received my Associates degree from Bay de Noc Community College in Escanaba, Michigan. I earned my Bachelors Degree from Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo and my Masters from Grand Valley State University. This is the beginning of my 34th year of teaching, 31 of them here in Hudsonville. My husband's name is Jeff. He is an Electrical Engineer for a company based out of Colorado called MicroMotion, Inc. We have 2 sons and 1 daughter. Matthew is 29, a GVSU graduate and is in sales/marketing for Aspen Ski Mountain in Aspen, Colorado. Michael is 25, also a GVSU graduate and is teaching at Wayland Public Schools. He married Carissa, his high school sweetheart, who is a nurse at Spectrum. Mikayla is 20 and a sophomore at Michigan State University. We have one dog named Max, who is a 3 year old golden retriever.