Our 4th grade classroom in the fall will be ready with supplies, but if you are able… it would be helpful to bring the following things with you to school during our Open House or on the first day of school. One note of caution: If it “looks” like a toy, it is a toy (for example, if your child is shopping with you and wants animal erasers…. they are animals/not erasers… so I recommend to not purchase items that fit in that category for school ) .
2. Gym shoes (these are kept at school for gym class only) Traditionally, we send the gym shoes home during the Christmas holidays and again before spring break for you to check on shoe size changes
3. A dozen No. 2 pencils (please have your child sharpen them) + pencil sharpener (basic yellow pencils are the best)
5. 4 Elmer glue sticks
6. Fine Tip Dry Erase Markers. We use them every day for Math work. (The skinnier markers last longer than the thick ones)
7. ONLY ONE Pencil box 5″ X 8″ X 2″
8. Colored pencils
10. Post it notes
11. 2 boxes of Kleenex
12. 1 container of Disinfectant Wipes
13. 1 game (to keep at school for the school year) your child can teach the rest of the class how to play during indoor recesses. It will be returned at the end of the year. Please write your child’s name on the box or bag. It is important that your child knows how to play the game. Also, it is best if the game can be played in 20 minutes or less (games like Monopoly take too long and seldom get used).
14. 2 red pens, 2 blue pens, 2 purple pens
15. 2 Highlighters
16. Folders – 5 folders with pockets
17. 4 Composition Notebooks