About Mrs. Greenlund

Mrs. Greenlund in Haiti

My name is Charlotte Greenlund. I am a 4th grade teacher at Georgetown Elementary School.   This year will be my 34th year teaching, my 31st year with the Hudsonville Public School system!

I grew up in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, graduated from Rapid River Schools, Bay de Noc Community College, Western Michigan University, and Grand Valley State University.    My major is Special Education.  My masters program is in Learning Disabilities.

My husband and I have 3 children ages 29, 25 and 20!   Our oldest son, Matt, graduated from Grand Valley State University in April 2012 with a degree in business and is working in Snowmass, Colorado in their marketing department at the ski school.   Our son, Michael, graduated from Grand Valley State University in April 2017 and is a high school Biology/Math teacher for Wayland Public Schools. He is married to Carissa who is a nurse for Spectrum Health.   Our daughter, Mikayla, is a sophomore at Michigan State University.   My husband, Jeff and I just celebrated our 33rd wedding anniversary.  He is an electrical engineer for a company based out of Boulder, Colorado called MicroMotion, Inc.  

For the past 6 summers I have spent the bulk of my summer time preparing for and teaching in Haiti. Altogether we work with about 90 teachers, who are excited to get back to school in September, just like we are.  

I feel so blessed to work for Hudsonville Public Schools and am excited for the new school year to start.  Teaching has been a lifelong passion of mine…. starting at the age of 10 when I was a 4th grader in Mrs. Polifka’s class.  She was the sweetest person I knew and she inspired me to read, and because of her I began to read like I had never read before.  

My hopes are that  your child will LOVE school… love 4th grade, create many happy, wonderful memories!  I hope your child will learn how to problem solve, to think critically, to make peace with his/her classmates so they can work together side by side.  I hope your child will learn about himself/herself as a learner and what strategies are most beneficial for learning to take place.  I hope your child is curious, wants to learn, wants to make a difference in this world!

Please contact me with any questions or concerns you have.  I check my email daily, you can call me at school, write a note and put it in your child’s homework folder, or call me at home.  See my contact information up at the top “Mrs. Greenlund’s Contact Information”.