NUT SAFE & HEALTHY CLASSROOM SNACKS
This year, each student in fourth grade will be responsible for bringing a daily snack and water bottle, from home for the morning snack break. These snacks are essential to rejuvenate the students’ energy and attention span. This year, it is important that students not only bring healthy snacks, but they also must be NUT FREE SNACKS (All nuts: almonds, pecans, etc.). When packing your student’s snack, please keep in mind the safety of our food allergy friends by choosing a snack off of the following list:
Safe Snack Ideas (Milk, Egg, and Nut SAFE Snacks)
- Fruit (bananas, apples, oranges, grapes, raisins, apples, melon, applesauce, peaches, pears, strawberries, blueberries, etc.)
- Vegetables (carrots, celery sticks, broccoli)
- Honey Maid Graham Sticks: Cinnamon and Honey Flavored
- Teddy Grahams: Cinnamon, Honey, & Chocolate
- Ritz Dinosaur Crackers
- Wheat Thins (regular)
- Saltine Crackers (read label)
- Most regular pretzels (read label)
- Most regular potato chips (read label)
- Most corn chips (read label)
*No baked goods can be sent in from home.
The best defense against accidental exposure for our allergy students is to always read the label. At the bottom of the ingredients list there is almost always an allergen warning. Ingredients do change, so always read the label even if you’ve checked on a prior purchase. Thank you to all the parents for being so understanding and respectful of our students with food allergies. Thanks for helping us to keep our students healthy and safe!
Birthday Celebrations: If you would like to celebrate your child’s birthday with a treat, please send non-food items. Consider items like a pencil, eraser, stickers, etc. PLEASE: Do not send food for birthday treats.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us at school.