Our 4th grade classroom in the fall will be ready with supplies, but if you are able… it would be helpful to bring the following things with you to school during our Open House on August 21 at 6:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m. or on the first day of school on August 26. One note of caution: If it “looks” like a toy, it is a toy (for example, if your child is shopping with you and wants animal erasers…. they are animals/not erasers… so I recommend to not purchase items that fit in that category for school ). Also, please keep toys, squishies and electronics at home!
2. Gym shoes (these are kept at school for gym class only) Traditionally, we send the gym shoes home during the Christmas holidays and again before spring break for you to check on shoe size changes
3. A dozen No. 2 pencils (please have your child sharpen them) + pencil sharpener (basic yellow pencils are the best)
5. 4 Elmer glue sticks
6. Fine Tip Dry Erase Markers. We use them every day for Math work. (The skinnier markers last longer than the thick ones)
7. ONLY ONE Pencil box 5″ X 8″ X 2″
8. Colored pencils
10. Scissors (please write last name on scissors)
11. Post it notes
12. 2 boxes of Kleenex
13. 1 container of Disinfectant Wipes
14. 1 game (to keep at school for the school year) your child can teach the rest of the class how to play during indoor recesses. It will be returned at the end of the year. Please write your child’s name on the box or bag. It is important that your child knows how to play the game. Also, it is best if the game can be played in 20 minutes or less (games like Monopoly take too long and seldom get used).
15. 5 pens
16. 2 Highlighters
17. Folders – 5 folders with pockets- labeled Reading, Writing, Math, Social Studies/Science, and Word Study
18. Two ruled spiral notebook (70 sheets) labeled Math
19. One ruled spiral notebook (70 sheets) labeled Reading.
20. 1-1/2 inch binder (for writing)